Wed, Mar 29|
You Are Here: A roadmap for the end of life
Life is short…and most people don’t have a plan for the end of it. So what matters most to you? And how might you live your life differently if you only had a short time left?
Time & Location
Mar 29, 2023, 4:30 PM – 6:30 PM
About the Event
Jan Booth and Trish Rux are holistic nurses and end-of-life doulas with years of inpatient hospice experience. Both are former faculty for Conscious Dying Institute, and life-long learners in the field of death and dying.
In this course, you will explore rich content and contemplate reflection questions in five domains of life (physical, emotional, spiritual, legacy, and after-death care), and then experience a live group exchange of ideas each week as you make an action plan for yourself.
The course format is four weeks in length with self-study and 2.5 hour online group meetings each week.
For most people, this process is transformative and full of discovery.
By the end of the course, you will leave with:
- A clear & detailed plan for moving forward with your end-of-life wishes
- A deeper understanding of what matters most to you in 5 dimensions of life
- A commitment to specific action steps that you have created for moving forward
- Resources that will support your ongoing exploration of end-of-life priorities
- Videos and audio recording examples of new ways to imagine the end of life
- An experience of group support & validation for the important questions of your life
- The offer of (1) discounted individual coaching session of 45 min. to keep you focused and on track with your plan
No more putting off these important questions of living and dying – it’s time for more open, intentional conversations about the things that matter most to you.
Imagine how good you’ll feel to have completed something important that you’ve been putting off for months or years.
And to have done this work with caring, experienced nurses you can trust to support you.
Examples of great resource documents that will be available to you include:
- A variety of advance directive templates
- Communication tools for holding challenging conversations
- Rituals and spiritual practices to support the dying process
- Information on innovative after-death care – home funerals, green burials & death midwives
- Ideas for legacy projects and ethical wills
- The basics of hospice and palliative care
- Resource list of books, films, podcasts & online videos
Groups are small and interactive so learning can be shared.
If group work doesn’t appeal to you, we also offer individual coaching: https://deathdoulas.com/classes/exploring-and-contemplating-death-a-journey-to-living-fully-individual-coaching
Still have questions? Set up a time to talk: email@example.com.
Scholarships are available to those in financial need.